Cox Automotive are running a series of free webinars offering practical advice on GDPR and what you really need to know.
Delivered by our Head of Privacy and Data Protection, Ian Inman, who has over 10 years experience working at the ICO, it will cover the main things you need to know and consider.
The first webinar in our series was title 'GDPR - Are you ready?' and was an introduction to this important change in data regulations.
What it covered:
- What the new regulations cover
- Their purpose and why are they needed
- Understanding the key principles in the regulations such consent, and individual rights
- Know what the ICO wants from you and how to demonstrate that you are compliant
- Be able to speak with confidence and authority to colleagues and stakeholders about GDPR
The next webinar will run on Friday 23rd February from 10am-11am.
GDPR and Customer Relationship Management: Consent & Marketing.
What you'll learn:
- Consent under the GDPR - Definition & Other Requirements
- Legal framework for marketing - What are the rules? Consent v Legitimate Interest
- Obtaining and managing consent
- Refreshing consent